Mount Olive Lutheran Church is a Christian church committed to the process where listeners become hearers, where hearers become followers, where followers become disciples, where disciples make other disciples for Christ.
What does this mean?
We strive to grow as disciples of Jesus and share the Gospel of Christ. To grow as a disciple requires fellowship with other Christians, commitment to God through worship and prayer, developing meaningful Christ-centered relationships and learning more about God’s plan through study of His Word.
How do we do this?
Mount Olive has ministry opportunities that allow us to help people grow as disciples.
- We have programs for adults ranging from Bible studies and small groups, to Care ministries and fun fellowship opportunities.
- We have programs for youth. These programs provide opportunities for Junior & Senior High Youth to share Christ, serve others, praise God, grow in God’s Word and belong.
- We also have programs for children. These include Sunday School, Bible Club and Vacation Bible School.
- Our Early Childhood Education Center (ECEC) offers quality Christ-centered education for pre-school through kindergarten. Contact JoAnn Stibrich.
What We Believe, Teach & Confess
- We accept the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments as the inspired living Word of God; the unchanging truth by which God’s faithful people live. (2 Timothy 3:16; 1 Peter 1:21)
- We believe in the Holy Trinity: God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28: 19)
- We believe that Jesus Christ is true God, the eternal Son of the Father, that He died for our sins, that through Him alone we are forgiven, saved and made children of God, not by works but by grace. (John 1:1; 2 Corinthians 5:19-21; Galatians 3:26; Ephesians 2:8-9)
- We believe that God created all things, including man, holy and without sin. But man, of his own free will, fell into sin and thus brought sin upon the whole human race. (Genesis 1; Romans 5:12)
- We believe that the wages of sin is death and damnation in hell, but God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son to redeem the world. (Romans 6:35; John 3:16)
- We believe in Holy Baptism as a means whereby God makes us his own apart from any merit or worthiness in us. (Titus 3:15; Matthew 28:19)
- We believe in the Lord’s Supper as a means whereby God forgives our sins and strengthens our faith by giving us the true body and blood of the Lord Jesus (1 Corinthians 10:16; 1 Corinthians 11:26-28)